The main aim is to beat a croupier. Also, goals may include having a good time, practicing your math and strategy skills, and gaining some money. But the most important thing you need to do in this game is to make a series of decisions leading to a win.
You beat the dealer by getting cards worth more than the dealer’s value but not more than 21 points. That’s why this family of games is called 21. If you get exactly 21 points, you get the biggest payout. When it’s over 21, then you lose a stake.
Casino blackjack rules at how the process goes
So, what does a gambler have to do to meet all casino blackjack rules? How does the game go?
This game uses 1-8 packs of cards. The cards are counted this way:
- Cards from twos to tens are counted according to the face value drawn;
- Jack, queen, king are is worth 10 points;
- An Ace counts as 1 or 11 depending on which is more favorable for the hand.
Cards are dealt from a “shoe” where 6-8 decks are shuffled. Some casinos also provide 1-2 deck blackjack variants, but these are not common.
The gameplay goes in that order:
- The player makes a deposit and buys chips;
- Then makes a bet;
- The croupier deals the cards;
- The player evaluates what they got, then makes a decision;
- The dealer opens the cards. So it becomes clear who has won. If the gambler wins, he gets a payout as written in the blackjack rules.
After placing a bet, the croupier deals the cards. Each participant gets 2 cards out in the open. The dealer puts his cards in front of him. In some variants of blackjack, both dealer’s cards are open or closed. But usually, one is open, the other is face down.
Then comes the fun part. Perhaps the easy bet isn’t so easy!
Blackjack rules simple deciding what to do
You get 2 cards, so you decide if you need to take more, getting 21 or the sum next to that number.
- If you hold an Ace and 2 ‘yard’ cards (King, Queen, Jack), you receive Blackjack! It pays out as 3:2. Before you start gambling, please take a look at the payout table and choose a title with this proportion because it’s more profitable than the others.
- You think it’s risky to gain more (for example, you have a jack and a 10). Then you decide to Stand.
- If you think it’s necessary to draw (e.g. you have two twos), the solution is Hit. You can take an unlimited amount, as long as you don’t draw more than 21.
- Split — do this when you get two cards having the same nominal. Then you work with two hands and draw cards for both of them.
- Surrender — this option is possible if you got bad cards. You can return the cards and get half of a stake back.
Blackjack dealer rules are as follows: he cannot double, split and surrender. But if a croupier gets a 17-point card (such as an ace with a 6), they can vary their actions. You can check the reference to see what decision the dealer makes when he stops or hit a card with 17 points.
Other rules of blackjack
Blackjack 21 rules include a few particular decisions.
The first one is insurance. This option is available before the players analyze their cards; you can add half of the previous bet or a total bet.
If one of the dealer’s cards is 10, he probably got blackjack. That’s the possibility that you are insuring your stake. The pay out is 2 to 1 if the croupier obtains 21 points.
It’s not a good idea to insure stakes in blackjack online, as in most cases, you’ll end up with a lesser profit.
Also, there are plenty of side bets. Almost all versions of blackjack have a few similar rules. You can make an extra bet, counting on the potential profit.
Possible variables of blackjack rules
How to play blackjack using additional options?
Be sure to check the reference to see if such variants are allowed in the selected game product. Here are the rules for the various versions of blackjack:
- Double after splitting.
- Re-split of Aces. If a gambler gets 2 aces, they can split them up, and then get another ace or 2 aces. So, you can simultaneously play 3 or 4 hands. By doing so, the player gains an advantage.
- 6 to 5. It is the payout for a 21 points instead of 3 to 2. We advise avoiding the option of playing using that rule because it is not profitable.
Practice demo versions to learn when to apply different solutions. The free demo blackjack will save you money and help you build the best strategy. Enjoy playing!